It looks to us that Monterrey can and should be able to create a decent number of chances and shots on target. At the same time, Monarcas Morelia could well find it tough to score although we do think that they will probably end up getting the chances to score, too. We’re therefore expecting to see a controlled 3-1 victory for Monterrey at the conclusion of the game. To see all of our predictions, user poll & stats for Monterrey v Monarcas Morelia, scroll down - as well as up-to-date odds.
Their past results show that Monarcas Morelia:
- haven't beaten Monterrey when they've played them away from home in the last 2 league games.
- remain unbeaten by Monterrey when they have played them away from home in the previous 4 matches in the league. An impressive run.
- have not won away from home in their last 2 league games.
⚽️ What was the result last time they met in this competition?
The last league contest between the two was Liga MX (Apertura) match day 4 on 10/08/2019 and the score finished Monarcas Morelia 0-1 Monterrey. In that game, Monarcas Morelia had 31% possession and 15 shots at goal with 2 shots on target. Monterrey got 18 attempts on goal with 3 on target. Miguel Layún (96') scored. The match was refereed by Luis Santander.
Nickname: Los Rayados
Stadium: Estadio BBVA (51,348)
Captain: Dorlan Pabón
Chairman: Duilio Davino
Manager: Antonio Mohamed
Competitions: Liga MX (Clausura) position 10, Liga MX (Apertura) position 8, Primera (Apertura) Liguilla (Finals)
Leading up to this clash, Monterrey:
- haven't been beaten in the league by Monarcas Morelia in their previous 5 games.
- are unbeaten in their last 3 home league matches.
Star Man: Vincent Janssen
Customarily playing in the Striker position, Vincent Janssen was born in Heesch, Netherlands. Having made a first senior appearance for Almere City in the 2013 - 2014 season, the accomplished Forward has netted 2 league goals in this Liga MX (Apertura) 2019 - 2020 campaign so far in 13 appearances.