Looking at these two teams, we feel that Genoa may not find it easy to break down this Roma lineup who we think should score at least once to put them ahead. We’re therefore seeing a very competitive game with a 0-1 victory for Roma when all is said and done. Little in this one. View all Genoa v Roma tips, stats and our pre-match poll below - as well as the best betting odds.
Going into this game, the form guide shows that Roma:
- have not registered a win against Genoa when they've played them away from home in the last 2 matches in the league.
- are undefeated by Genoa in away games against them for the last 5 league matches. An impressive run.
- are unbeaten in their previous 3 league matches away from home.
⚽️ What was the result last time they met in this competition?
The previous league match featuring these clubs was Serie A match day 1 on 25/08/2019 when it finished Roma 3-3 Genoa. On that day, Roma managed 53% possession and 23 shots at goal with 9 of them on target. The goals were scored by Cengiz Ünder (6'), Edin Džeko (30') and Aleksandar Kolarov (49'). For their opponents, Genoa got 6 attempts at goal with 4 of them on target. Andrea Pinamonti (16'), Domenico Criscito (43') and Christian Kouamé (70') scored. The referee was Gianpolo Calvarese.
Nickname: Il Grifone / Rossoblu
Stadium: Stadio Luigi Ferraris (36,599)
Captain: Domenico Criscito
Chairman: Enrico Preziosi
Manager: Davide Nicola
Competitions: Serie A position 18, Coppa Italia (5th Round)
Going into this game, the form guide shows that Genoa:
- are unbeaten in the league by Roma in their previous 2 games.
- have not emerged victorious against Roma in their last 11 matches in the league.
Star Player: Goran Pandev
Typically playing in the Striker position, Goran Pandev was born in Strumica, Macedonia. After making a first senior appearance for Spezia in the 2002 - 2003 season, the talented Forward has scored 4 league goals in the Serie A 2019 - 2020 campaign so far from a total of 16 appearances.